Video on Linux (again)

Warren Samples warren at warrensweb.us
Mon Feb 6 23:14:56 EST 2012

On 02/06/2012 09:23 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
> How are you playing videos on Linux?
>
> Are you able to do it at all?

Running openSUSE 12, KDE and KWin. I get audio but no video attempting
to play videoclips. Using the player, and with window effects on, I get
audio but no visible video. I get video if I turn off window effects
before launching Livecode. It renders normally with full opacity. Once
launched, I can turn window effects back on and video is still normal.
Toggling window effects after launch has no effect on the video, either
way.

Mint 9 in VirtualBox, running without window effects, videoclips behave
as above above. Video playback using a player is fine. When I ran Mint
10 with Compiz, I got the same transparent masking effect you have
described seeing under Ubuntu.

Warren