Sockets or similar on IOS and Android

Rod McCall rodmccall491 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 10:15:50 EST 2012

Dear LiveCoders,

We are in the process of deciding whether to use LiveCode or another
platform for mobile development. I gather, well at least on looking at the
dictionary that sockets are not available on IOS or Android - at least not
directly. Are there any relatively simple extensions or native components
that can be used or other workarounds?

We basically need to be able to support secure data connections to/from  a
server. Based on discussions from a long time ago and also on looking at
the LiveCode dictionary (at least in 5.5.1) there is no support for sockets.

Kind regards,

rod

www.rodmc.com