Capture the Trig Function from an Option Menu Button

Paul Hibbert lc at pbh.on-rev.com
Fri Dec 7 15:55:41 EST 2012

Roger,

Is this what you are looking for?

If your script is triggered by a change of the option menu, then this format should work…

on menuPick pItemName
   switch pItemName
      case "sin"
         put the sin of fld 1 into fld 2
         break
      case "cos"
         put the cos of fld 1 into fld 2
         break
      case "tan"
         put the tan of fld 1 into fld 2
         break
   end switch
end menuPick

But if you want the card script to read the option menu choice after it has been made, then leave the button script empty and use something like this in your card script…

command thisHandler
  put the label of btn "myOptiionMenu" into tOption
  switch tOption
      case "sin"
         put the sin of fld 1 into fld 2
         break