Plugins

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Jan 20 10:06:49 EST 2011

Jim Sims wrote:

> Is there a plugin tutorial stack or a web page that features making plugins?
>
> My foggy memory seems to recall some some sort of demo on developing plugins.
> Maybe it was from a west coast revcon?
>
> Anybody know?

Ideally a plugin is just a stack file dropped into your Plugins folder.

It truly needn't be anything more than that, but for reasons which elude
me RunRev has created a set of custom properties and messages that
mirror things the engine already provides (e.g. revLoadInfo["mode"] vs
the engine's "style" stack property).

Thankfully their revExample plugin illustrates how to use those mirrored
messages and properties effectively.

For many types of plugins you can just ignore the mirrored stuff and
just drop any stack file into Plugins and have it accessible and working
in just a few seconds.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World