PDF to JPEG

Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com
Thu Jan 20 15:49:53 EST 2011

Ray Horsley wrote:
> Andy,
>
> Thanks for this suggestion.  Several other guys on the list also think
this
> is the best route.  I'm looking into ImageMagick now.
>
> Ray

And another command-line tool to try is ghostscript.
http://pages.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/

I used it a long time ago on WinXP (Ghostscript version 8.54) with a script
similar to this:

on convertPDF2JPEG
  -- put the path to GhostScript into tEXEpath
  -- put GIF or JPEG into tIMGformat
  -- put 300 into tIMGresolution
  -- put the path to a PDF into tSourcePDFfile
  -- put the path to your new image file into tTargetFile
  set the hideConsoleWindows to true -- eliminate CMD pop-up
  put tEXEpath && "-dPrinted -dQUIET -dNOPAUSE -sDEVICE=" & tIMGformat \
      && "-r" & tIMGresolution & "x" & tIMGresolution && "-sOutputFile="  &
quote \
      & tTargetFile & quote && quote & tSourcePDFfile & quote && "-c quit"
into shellcmd
  get shell(shellcmd)
end convertPDF2JPEG

~Roger