[OT] Apple at it again

David C. davidocoker at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 13:54:16 EST 2011

>> I am reminded of the words of a great man, who was telling a story
>> about a landowner who had hired some day laborers, some early, some
>> the middle of the day, some late afternoon, and some towards the
>> evening. The deal he struck with each was that he would pay them
>> one shekel for their labors. <snip!>

Hey, I know that story! :)
...as I recall though, I don't think that the great man telling the
story, mentioned anything about that landowner deciding to change the
rules of the working relationship after the fact, so to unfairly twist
the arms of the previously hired workers, based on the latter
negotiations. Ya think?

>> But character assassinations of people we do not at all know
>> personally, behind the impenetrable shield of the Internet, seems
>> to me a bit cowardly. I am sensitive to these kinds of attack... <snip!>

Oh pooh! Anyone old enough to be past the grade school age has had to
deal with such things.... and your inference to someone else being
cowardly might just be a be cowardly by your own measure. <rolling
eyes>

The fact of the matter is that Mr. Jobs and Apple are in a very public
position that effect millions of people on this planet, so the things
they do or do not do, ARE subject to public scrutiny. Both good and
bad.

Whether you personally approve of them or not, opinions differing from
your always constant and immediate defense of Mr. Jobs and Apple are
just as valid as any argument that you might offer publicly.... and
chances are pretty good that for all of your defense nad bluster, you
DO NOT KNOW HIM either.

Best regards,
David C.