[OT] Apple at it again

Marty Knapp martyknapp at comcast.net
Wed Feb 16 13:34:17 EST 2011

Whatever Apple decides to do is one thing (and certainly open to
debate), but what REALLY frustrates a lot of people is the constant
changing of the rules. If a developer goes to all the work of getting an
app compliant, entering into an agreement, then Apple says, "Oh, now
we're going to do this instead." And then they may change their mind
next week. And then again the week after that . . . is it wrong to be
bothered by that?

So Bob, if at your place of employment they kept changing the rules on
you, and maybe lowering your wages on a whim, would that upset you, or
would you defend the right of an employer to do that?

Sure we can take our business somewhere else, but to expect people to
say "Oh well" when they have something at stake isn't fair.

And in the parable that you've referenced, everyone got what they
expected or more, not less - the landowner didn't say, "Well I told you
I'd pay you this, but now I'm giving you half."

Marty Knapp