PASSing out with frustration

Colin Holgate coiin at verizon.net
Wed Feb 16 11:12:01 EST 2011

On Feb 16, 2011, at 10:44 AM, Richmond wrote:

> When I mouse Down/Up over the opaque areas
> I want the mouse Down / Up signals to
> pass through the overlay to the images underlying it.
>
> But I cannot get my thick head around the mechanics of
> PASS.

I believe that Pass only passes up the hierarchy, it doesn't pass the mouse click to things underneath the target.

If the image is a PNG with transparency, the underneath item gets the event if you're on a transparent area. Rick's suggestion would work, but requires that you know the object that is underneath. I tried doing:

      hide the target
      click at the clickloc
      show the target

but that didn't work out too well.

You might get what you want by setting the enabled of the overlay graphic to false.