Barely competition

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Mon Feb 7 17:16:01 EST 2011

I wonder how far back on the Time Machine scale you would have to put the Supercard Era? Or a more relevant question might be, can you accurately carbon date a Supercard CD (or floppy disk??), or have there been any excavations of them to work with?

Many modern developers deny the existence of this mythical "Supercard", saying that the hope of a "better dev environment" drove the more ancient dev groups to form the notion of a "Super" Hypercard which they longed for, but could never really produce on the pre-preemptive multitasking systems of the day. The fact that they claim that they had a Hypercard but with color so far back in history lends some credence to these doubts. ;-)

Bob