revMail

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 16:17:48 EST 2011

On 02/07/2011 11:13 PM, Warren Samples wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-02-07 at 23:02 +0200, Richmond wrote:

>>> Hi Richmond,
>>>
>>> Here it opens a new message in Evolution, to the desired address and
>>> with the subject, but it doesn't pass the message body. Livecode 4.5.3,
>>> Linux Mint.
>> Can you set the default e-mail client on Mint?
>>
>> I use Thunderbird (because I have it set up on both my Mac and my Linux
>> machines), but
>> Ubuntu (11.04 beta) doesn't seem to give me a way to define my default
>> e-mail client.
>>> Warren
>>>

> Yes. The Mint menu has a "Preferred Applications" item which allows
> this. It's also available in the general "Preferences" configuration
> tool, under "Personal". Does it appear under the "System" menu in
> Ubuntu?

Err . . . silly me; I see that it SHOULD be in Preferences; only I had
deselected it in the Menu settings
as am cheesed-off having to scroll through yard and yards of 'funny'
prefs that I never use.

I, also, rather like to choose with what I am going to open something at
the time I am opening it . . .  :)