autoTab affects automatic text selection?

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Tue Dec 6 14:04:20 EST 2011

Hi all.

I've discovered a useful, if odd anomaly. If I have a field with  autoTab set to true, tabbing to it will auto select the text it contains (the desired behavior). But if autoTab is set to false, the text will NOT be auto selected, although I CAN select it manually. Is this the intended behavior? It's useful for sure, but I wouldn't have guessed that autoTab would effect text selection. I checked the help on autoTab and nothing is noted in the documentation about it, so I posted a user note.

Bob