a weird thing about registration, Linux

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 11:20:40 EDT 2010

Oh, another thought.  If it WILL keep seperate preferences/settings
for each user, you can change where it points for your plugins, and
move it to a folder you Do have write permissions to, but then that
means every plugin change you would hve to update the plugin on all
installations.  Since it sounds like its only you, could point it to a
dir that users have a right to, or setup a specific group for livecode
user accounts and set group permissions on that.  That way I believe
all accounts could update plugins.  Hmm. In fact, you could setup 1
account with write privelages to a director, and setup a group or
world with read permissions so that you have only 1 account that can
trash your plugins folder, but all other accounts can read them.