Rev standalone app stays in memory on my Xubuntu 9.10

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Mar 29 18:24:49 EDT 2010

hmspotato at googlemail.com wrote:

> My program works (i.e. quits cleanly) on other computers running Xubuntu
> 9.10, Mac OS X or Windows. The anomaly occurs only on my laptop running
> Xubuntu 9.10. I would think that my coding in Revolution must be ok, but
> something is not right on my laptop, on which my app fails to quit
> cleanly. However, oddly, on the same laptop, another app I made quits
> cleanly.

In general, Rev won't quit if any drivers, sockets, or pending messages
are open. Your report mentioned sockets, so that seems a likely
candidate. But I don't know why it works on other machines.

To everyone: RR tried to reproduce this and couldn't, so it's something
on that particular machine. If anyone has a clue, I'd like to know too.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com