use-revolution Digest, Vol 77, Issue 71

Judy Perry jperryl at ecs.fullerton.edu
Wed Mar 3 14:57:25 EST 2010

On Mon, 1 Mar 2010, Richmond Mathewson wrote:

> For Graphics and Sound I think that Open Source is really good (GIMP,
> Inkscape, Audacity, Ardour(linux)),

GIMP on the Mac is just okay at best (I've upgraded my assessment of
it from "sucks completely") as everything seems to take two clicks, you
have to run it under X11 and it neither looks nor behaves like a standard
Mac app.

Inkscape is blue language-inducing (I would so love to have Freehand
back), so it can't be used around the kiddies.

I actually like Audacity, but I probably have low standards because for
the longest time the only audio app I had access to was Adobe's
SoundEdit...

YMMV.

Judy