[On-Rev] sending email thru sendmail?!

Phil Davis revdev at pdslabs.net
Wed Mar 3 12:07:49 EST 2010

Hi Andre,

A few months ago, Tereza and I created a revweb test for my client to
use with his customers. At the end it emails test results automatically
from a CGI on the on-rev server. I just now tested it and it works. It's
emailing from a CGI, not from irev code, so maybe it won't answer your
need; but maybe it will:

on sendReport pEmail, pReport
     -- start process
     put ("mail -s" && q("RevWeb Test Results") && \
         "revwebtest at domain1.com -a" && q("From:
donotreply at domain2.com")) & cr into tMailProcess
     open process tMailProcess for write
     put the result into tPID
     put "open:" && tPID & cr after tLog

     -- write body
     --put "Here are the results from your Rev Web Test:" & cr & pReport
into tBody
     put  cr & pReport into tBody

     write tBody to process tMailProcess
     put "write body:" && the result & cr after tLog

     -- provide a CC
     write "" & cr to process tMailProcess
     put "write CC:" && the result & cr after tLog

     close process tMailProcess
     put "close:" && the result & cr after tLog
     wait until tMailProcess is not in the openProcesses
end sendReport

Best -
Phil Davis