Parsing the content of the clipboardData["objects"] array

zryip theSlug zryip.theslug at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 16:25:34 EDT 2010

On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 6:45 PM, Mark Wieder <mwieder at ahsoftware.net> wrote:
> zryip-
>
> Sunday, July 18, 2010, 12:43:59 AM, you wrote:
>
>> Can anyone have experience with the clipboardData["objects"] array and
>> could give some clues how is it internally structured, please?
>> I read in the doc: "one or more Revolution objects serialized into an
>> internal format" but I've found any entry about this internal format.
>
> It's an internal representation of the object data that's
> undocumented,subject to change at any time, and not much use anywhere
> else. What is it you're trying to do with the clipboard data?

Rebuild the controls nested in the clipboard data into a group located
on a palette.
So too risky and complicated with this method.

However I have now thought to other options, like trap the copy
shortcut in a front script, prepare my own format, give the hand to
the Rev's engine and do what I need with my internal data during the
paste.

Thanks for your replies Bob and Mark ;)

Regards,
--