App deployment on Windows

Francis Nugent Dixon effendi at wanadoo.fr
Mon Jul 5 05:12:56 EDT 2010

Hi from Beautiful Brittany,

This complements Mark's mail  .......

> This should be X:\program files, where X is the start-up drive.

I needed to build file paths on Mac OSX and on Windows,
in my cross-platform SplashStack, so I needed the system
Disk ID for Windows (which MAY NOT be "C").

On Windows XP, I used

"put line 1 of the volumes into MyPCDrive"

which gave the system disk, whatever it was !

On Windows 7, the first entry in the volumes list is "A"
(for some strange reason), and so I had to find an
alternative solution.

Mark came up with a work-around :

"put item 1 of specialfolderpath("system") into Temp"

Then strip out non-useful info to reveal system disk ID.

A sure-fire way of building file paths.

FWIW

- Francis