Writing Externals in Pascal?

RunRevPlanet runrevplanet at smpcs.server101.com
Mon Jul 5 04:49:46 EDT 2010

Hi All,

Trying to gauge the potential interest in a Revolution Externals SDK
that could allow you to develop externals in Lazarus/Free Pascal.
Instead of requiring some form of C/C++ wrapper, which is the only
language that is currently supported by the official Externals SDK.

To be able to write externals purely in a Pascal/Delphi dialect would be
useful to me, but I do not know for certain if it can be done with Free
Pascal -- there may be linking or name mangling issues which prevent it
from working.

* So before trying, I am just wondering what level of interest there
would be in such a resource?

If it's just me who still uses Pascal, then I probably won't even bother
thinking further about it. But if there is interest, who knows...

Note, I have little free time for such a project, so even if there is
significant interest, I make no promises about whether it will happen,
or when.
--
Scott McDonald

RunRevPlanet.com
"Components, Stacks, Tools and Resources for Runtime Revolution"
www.runrevplanet.com