Getting user's time from web revlet?

Tim Selander selander at tkf.att.ne.jp
Thu Jan 21 07:56:35 EST 2010

Mark Wieder wrote:
> the user's info. But if you're using a revlet (and that *is* in the
> subject, after all) then you should be able to convert the server's
> internet time to the user's local time (assuming the local time on
> their computer is correct).

Hi Mark - yep, that is exactly what I want to do, but haven't
figured out how yet. I have learned how to get the user's local
time via javascript, but don't know how to pass it to the revlet
(actually, it seems I have my terms wrong, typical for a
newbie... I'm trying to script this all in an .irev file on my
on-rev account.)

Someone mentioned cookies, which seems like a logical method --
now to learn how to make and read cookies!

Tim Selander
Tokyo, Japan