Can browser send a command to a servlet?

Joe F. joef1 at mac.com
Wed Feb 24 22:58:04 EST 2010

I was just struggling with this recently:
The short answer is, you can't at the moment. Not directly anyway.

The revletParams[] array consists of the plugin parameters loaded when
the revlet loads. You can see them in the HTML source as elements of
the object and embed tags.

There's another lesson that shows all this:
http://lessons.runrev.com/spaces/lessons/buckets/784/lessons/7806-How-do-I-pass-data-from-a-webpage-to-a-plugin-

Trouble is that the revletParams only load at openStack.

A workaround is to use a revlet to rewrite the web page, including the
data you want to pass, then reload it.

Another way would be to just write data to a file, which could be
either local or on the server, then read from that file with your
revlet. You would have to make sure that the plugin requests
permission from the user to do either.

This works pretty well though, and you can use the server file to load
everything you need, edit the file, then have the revlet reload it (or
read items from it) within the same session.

Joe F.