FTP directory listing showing seconds

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Apr 10 18:56:46 EDT 2010

Pierre Sahores wrote:

> Bonjour Richard,
>
> This work fine for me :
>
> function FTP_Dir_Refresh active_path
>     set cursor to watch
>     libURLSetFTPListCommand "NLST"
>     put FTP_Server_Address & active_path & "/" into tServer
>     put URL tServer into tData
>     replace crlf with cr in tData
>     replace lf with cr in tData
>     libURLSetFTPListCommand "LIST"
>     get URL tServer
>     filter it with "*" & toUpper(char 1 to 4 of the label of btn
> "b_blog_category") & "*_?????_*.xml?"
>     return it
> end FTP_Dir_Refresh
>
> Does this help ?

Thank you for posting that, but it doesn't get around the built-in
limitations of FTP:  the RFC says that the LIST command will return the
date in this format:

    Mar 28 14:24

..or if older than six months (possibly longer, depending on server
config) it'll just return the year where the time is:

    Mar 29 2008

My desire to keep all the logic client-side is for fairly trivial
reasons, so using a CGI to get the info I need from the server won't
kill me, and will give it to me down to the second, which is what I'm after.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World