[ANN] tRev Magic Menus: contextual, mouse-free menus

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Apr 10 18:52:31 EDT 2010

Peter Alcibiades wrote:
> Here is the recipe.
>
> Open a stack with plenty of buttons and scripts.
>
> Now open any script in the editor.
>
> Use the property inspector to get the properties of a given field
>
> Select and copy the name of the field
>
> Paste it into the script.  I think I used middle click, but think I have
> also used control-v in the past.
>
> It should freeze, flickering rapidly.  Then when you close the window of the
> editor, the whole IDE crashes.

I just followed that recipe to the letter, using Rev v4.0 on Ubuntu
9.10/Gnome 2.28.1.

To test I used a copy of my WebMerge stack, with just under 300 objects
on its card.  The script I used was the main processing engine for the
app, more than 4600 lines worth.

Worked a treat.

So I kept trying, copying text from the Inspector, elsewhere in the
script, pasting all over the place, drag-n-drop -- all worked fine.

I don't know enough about either your system or Rev to guess where the
problem lies, but here I can't reproduce it on Ubuntu.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World