[OT] JavaScript editor?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sun Sep 27 13:17:40 EDT 2009

andre wrote:
> I dont think it is feasible to support emacs keybindings on a custom
> editor, they are deeply related to emacs workflow.

The MC IDE did a good enough job to satisfy uber-geek Raney. :)  He had
a lot of code all over the place to change menu keys, field behaviors,
blind searches, etc., and of course switched the engine's global
property emacsKeyBindings to true.

I don't have enough experience with emacs to weigh in on how complete
his support was, and until I come across others who use emacs I'm
inclined to just let it go.

But it's one of those things that if it's as simple as flipping a global
prop and modifying a few handlers it might make a nice bullet point -
provided anyone might actually use it, of course.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World