Graphic speed comparison between webLets and desktop

James Hurley jhurley0305 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 11 12:31:37 EDT 2009

> Message: 7
> Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 12:53:30 -0700 (PDT)
> From: BNig <niggemann at uni-wh.de>
> Subject: Re: Graphic speed comparison between webLets and desktop
> 	stacks
> To: use-revolution at lists.runrev.com
>

> Jim,
>
> one funny thing I noticed on the mac: if in your repeat loop you set
> the
> wait to 0 millisecs on the slider the time goes down from 1500
> millisecs to
> 630 millisecs, you can replace the wait with a "unlock screen" and
> you have
> again around 630 millisecs. As soon as you wait even 1 millisecond
> you go up
> to 1500 again. So there is more going on on the Mac then meets the
> eye.
> By contrast I did not manage to speed up the send in time handler,
> maybe
> someone has an idea.
>
> regards
> Bernd

Bernd,

Good observation. You're right about a lot going on behind the scenes.
That's what makes it frustrating.
I talked to Kevin about it some years back, when the problem with OS X
came up. I was told that Mark Waddingham had looked into it, but that
it was complicated and difficult to fix.
You can see one of the problems on Rev's web site: http://revmedia.runrev.com/revMedia/
Notice how the motion stutters when it executes the command: Move
image "rev icon" to 60,60
(On second thought, I guess that could be an artifact of their screen
capture software. Everything seems to bump along.)

I'm sure they have a lot on their plate right now and this is not a
high priority issue.

Jim Hurley