Two questions about trev

Jerry Daniels jerry.daniels at me.com
Mon Sep 14 09:54:29 EDT 2009

Ludovic,

I just tested tRev with Rev 2.8, 2.9, 3.0 and it worked fine. I had
some unused 3.5-specific code I had to neglected to remove, but now
that it's gone, the updated (just now) version of tRev tested well
will those versions.

I did a tree view of the code that worked on handlers and other
control structures. It just didn't hold up very well when scripts got
sizable. Also, dealing with the many variations of if-then-else was
not pleasant. I've still got code stubs in tRev to do folding,
actually, but I tend to think it is a case of rubbing revolution's fur
the wrong way. I've come to think it's not an ideal fit for the nature
of the language or the text editing nature of the editing environs.

Best,

Jerry Daniels
Watch tRev - The Movie
http://reveditor.com/trev-the-movie