Interactive image overlays

BNig niggemann at uni-wh.de
Fri Oct 9 06:03:08 EDT 2009

it is well known but often overlooked that when using a graphic
(transparent/noop) as an irregulary shaped 'hot spot' over an image that you
can put two or more irregulary shaped areas into one graphic. You can do
this by putting the points of the second graphic after the points of the
first graphic but you separate them by an empty line.
For example you have a map and you want to make the USA clickable but Alaska
and Hawaii are not part of the contiguous USA. In that case you could make
one graphic with the points of the continental USA appended by the points of
Alaska and the points of Hawaii. You would only need one graphic to take
care of the clicks to the USA.
regards
Bernd