Emailing within Rev

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 07:21:59 EDT 2009

Hi George,  Sean knows far more than I do about SMTP (or Rev for that
matter).  However, have you got a SMTP server working with a SMTP mail
client using SSL?

That seems to me to be the first step.  It might be possible to get an
email client that will then log those transactions.  That will give
you something to go on with Rev.

Alternatively, are there not other solutions open to you e.g. using a
VPN client or some kind of SSL/SSH tunnelling.  I'm sure you know that
email is only going to travel securely across a network if the senders
and recipients are all using a properly-configured encrypted channel.

Bernard