Looking for a defined path to learn Rev (for new users)

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 11:23:29 EST 2009

Hi Judy and Jim,

Many thanks for replying this request.

>From my experience, software developers are harder
to convince to try RunRev than schools teachers.

Actually, my fellow teachers, do not teach software
development. They are not developers themselves
nor have previous experience with Computer languages,
but some of them (not all), have received training for
Microsoft Office Programs and Adobe Creative Suite.

Look, for example, these websites with information about
Microsoft and Adobe Education programs:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/school/FX102781621033.aspx
http://www.adobe.com/education/products/creativesuite/faq.html

It's unfair to ask Runrev to devote the same kind of resources
that Adobe or Microsoft employs in their education programs.

Just like Judy noticed, teachers are not too eager to learn
programming to use a new software. I could not hide of them
the fact that many actions that require scripting, could be
achieved with a point and click interface... if that interface
already existed.

My recommendation, to many of them, is to create a group
of students that help in the task of elaborating educational
content for their classes. In fact, 26 years ago, when i
started in High School, there was such group in the school
where i studied. The difference is that back then, we had
no computers or color printers, but Overhead projectors,
cardboards and acrylic paint.

Alejandro