onion skin animation

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Tue Mar 10 18:50:04 EDT 2009

> A couple of years ago there was a discussion concerning methods for
> producing an "onion-skin"  image for creating animation.
>
> http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-revolution/2007-November/104731.html
>
> I'm wondering which of the proposed methods was best suited to the task?
> I built an onion-skin animation project in Supercard at least 15 years
> ago, but unfortunately it has vanished into the mists of time, and I
> don't remember what I did, nor do I know whether Rev would use similar
> methods.

Well, I have implemented onionskinning in Stykz, my stickfigure animation
tool (http://www.stykz.net). The way I ended up doing it was to set up a
separate group for holiding all the onionskins for each stick figure on a
card, and in that group was a copy of the figures with the blendLevel of the
group set to 85 and made sure it was moved behind the actual figures.

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com
Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/