My BBC Master - - - getting Beeped-off.

Richmond Mathewson geradamas at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 10 16:07:59 EDT 2009

Judy Perry wrote:

"Hopefully, *somebody* out there is working on a better solution (hint,
hint)!"

Cracked open Hypercard with ResEdit and extracted the snd resource
'Harpsichord'; reset its codes: sfil and movr; and couldn't get any
sound out of it at all.

Must have gone wrong somewhere between ResEdit and Mac OS X.

Of course, one could set up a whole piano-range of digitised sounds,
bung them in a stack and off-we-would-go: of course all those
play audioClip statements would get tedious  . . .

Also slowing down the duration of the sounds would distort the pitch . . .

Frankly; the BEEP terms listed in the RunRev Documentation, if they
actually worked, would be perfect. I suppose these could be implemented ?

I wonder why the Hypercard system for playing music was not carried
over to Metacard?

sincerely, Richmond Mathewson.

A Thorn in the flesh is better than a failed Systems Development Life Cycle.