What Does Work Cost? (was RE: Call for comments: Rev as a Second Language)

Brian Yennie briany at qldlearning.com
Tue Jan 27 20:11:17 EST 2009

Dave,

Unfortunately businesses just don't work like this. RunRev probably
doesn't have someone at the pay grade you desire ("a rudimentary
knowledge of RunRev") with a spare hour of time a la carte to bill
for. And no matter what the client says, they don't (and shouldn't) do
work and just deliver it "as-is" with no expectation of follow-up time.

It's also not RunRev's job to give you an hour-by-hour breakdown
justifying a (still) relatively small job like this. Considering your
attitude about the change ("if it were that different then the stack
[in] question was probably badly written"), I think Rev's approach was
a wise one.

Sorry, but this is par for the course and while it's certainly your
prerogative to decline based on price, you are completely out of line
flaming RunRev over this in a public forum. Your experience is
understandable; however, I believe your perspective and judgement are
a bit off.