McAfee virus detection deletes valid file

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Mon Feb 16 13:52:51 EST 2009

Hi Luis.

Gotta weigh in on this with Jacque. There is no way a distributed app
can require this level of futzing by the end users, or even an IT
person. If I encountered something like that in some software that
told me I had to edit some registry key or play with permissions to
get their software to work, I would simply not use the software. In
fact I have banned some software from our inventory because they
"require" the end user to be an administrator. That's pretty cheeky
stuff.

Bob Sneidar
IT Manager
Logos Management