regex/matchtext question

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Thu Feb 5 05:50:15 EST 2009

Hi all,

I have a nice matchtext script that extract "placeholders" from a text.
Like everything between "<<" and ">>" or "::" or "{" and "}"

This is the function I use, it#s a little script of Ken Ray (thanks
Ken!)
that I could understand, at least a bit to modify it:-)

## extract placeholder tText,tdelimiter,delimiter2
## tdelimiter = the delimiter of the returned list of placeholders
## derdelimiter2 = the actual "borders" of the placeholders to extract
function platzhalterextrahieren dertext,derdelimiter,derdelimiter2

   if derdelimiter = empty then
     put TAB into derdelimiter
   end if
   if derdelimiter2 = empty then
     put "::" into derdelimiter2
   end if

   switch derdelimiter2
   case "::"
     put "::" into derdelimiter3
     break
   case "<<"
     put ">>" into derdelimiter3
     break
   case "{"
     put "}" into derdelimiter3
     break
   end switch

   repeat
     get matchText(dertext,"(?s)" & derdelimiter2 & "(.*?)" &
derdelimiter3,wert)
     if it = false then
       exit repeat
     end if
     put derdelimiter2 & wert & derdelimiter3 into neu
     put neu & derdelimiter after neueliste
     replace neu with empty in dertext
   end repeat

   delete char -1 of neueliste
   return neueliste
end platzhalterextrahieren

This results in a list like:
::Anrede_90001::
::Titel_90001::
::Nachname_90001::

Or:
<<Anrede_90001>>
<<Titel_90001>>

Or:
{Anrede_90001}
{Titel_90001}

You get the picture.

Works fine so far, but now I also wanted to use "[" and "]" and even
"[[" and "]]"
but I cannot get the script to work. I tried to escape these
characters like:
case "["
     put "\[" into derdelimiter2
     put "\]" into derdelimiter3
     break

I need to replace the german decimal delimiter COMMA with a dot before
I can
finally MERGE the content of the text, and replace it with a COMMA
after the MERGE.
Know what I mean?

But then I get stuck in an endless repeat loop?!

Is this possible at all with matchtext?
Any hints are highly appreciated!

Thanks a lot in advance!

Best