Printer driver crash on Win

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Feb 5 12:46:25 EST 2009

Tiemo Hollmann TB wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've posted this already a couple of month ago, but wanted to ask, if
> anybody else has experienced same problems with Rev 3.0 on Win XP.
>
> Some (rare) customers of mine complain that my prog crashes, when they call
> the print dialog. I am just using:
>
> Answer printer
>
> Print card
>
> There is a crash report in the QCC, concerning a not existing default
> printer, but I couldn't verify, if that's the same situation at my
> customers.
>
> I tell my customers, they should look for an update of their printer driver,
> but they tell me, their other progs can print without crash.
>
> Has anybody experienced this behaviour and knows of any workaround?

I don't know the workaround, but someone else sent a ticket to the
support queue saying that "print script" in the IDE also crashes the
same way. He is going to submit a bug report for it.

You might see if specifically opening the print queue helps:

open printing
print this card
close printing

I haven't tried it, but it would be worth seeing if that works.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com