Datagrid SelectionChanged issues

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Thu Aug 27 08:18:24 EDT 2009

On Aug 26, 2009, at 4:25 PM, David Bovill wrote:

>> From the docs
>
> on selectionChanged pHilitedIndex, pPrevHilitedIndex
>>    put the dgDataOfIndex [ pHilitedIndex ] of me into theSelDataA
>>    uiViewRecordOfID theSelDataA["id"]
>> end selectionChanged
>
> ..
> And I am having problems with old / new values when setting the
> dgHilite of
> the dgControl from a card script, where pHilitedIndex is empty and
> "the
> dgHilitedLine of the dgControl" is the pPrevHilitedIndex. Ho can I get
> the value
> for pHilitedIndex given a change of the selection initiated by
> "setting the
> dgHilite"?

dgHilite isn't a data grid property. It is a property of a row control.

Template Custom Properties & Messages:
<http://revolution.screenstepslive.com/spaces/revolution/manuals/datagrid/lessons/3462-Template-Custom-Properties-Messages

If you are trying to change the selection you should be setting the
dgHilitedIndex or dgHilitedLine of the data grid.

Regards,

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems