Order of operators

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Thu Aug 27 10:18:24 EDT 2009

Hi Jim,

This is about a calculation with potentially hundreds of parameters. I
don't think that parsing the formula to reduce the number of brackets
will be fast enough to make the exercise worthwhile.

I'm building up the formula in a repeat loop, one operator at a time:

1
1*2
1*2+3
etc.

I can leave brackets out when a + or - is added, but I wish I could
leave them all out. I assume a calculation without brackets is faster,
because the symbols between brackets are parsed first.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

http://economy-x-talk.com