Firefox works for revlet but not IE?

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 18:21:46 EDT 2009

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 4:55 AM, Sadhu Nadesan<sadhu at castandcrew.com> wrote:

> Yes, this issue seems to be at least some what 'user-environment' related.
>  I tried a revlet app on my home web server (CentOS), from my home PC, which
> is running Windows XP home, and both IE and Firefox worked ok.  Meanwhile on
> my work computer, within the company network, and using Windows XP Pro, IE
> doesn't work.  Not sure where the problem may lie but if I ever expect to
> deploy any Revlets within our company work environment, they will have to
> work seamlessly for IE.  Our IT department won't support Firefox.

No solution, but for diagnostic purposes:

Are you an admin user on both systems?
If not, can you switch to admin to install the plugin?
What happens if you access your home server's revlet from your work computer?

And off-topic, an IT department not supporting Firefox is analogous to
an IT department not supporting Macs - they don't want to encourage
anything that would lead to vastly less support being necessary.

Cheers,
Sarah