Is there a comfortable way the print scripts?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Aug 1 14:20:46 EDT 2009

Reinhold Venzl-Schubert wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I like the study my script comfortable in the arm chair.
> When I print it directly with Rev, I need a lot of paper.
> Therefore I copy it into a texteditor and print it with two columns on a
> sheet.
>
> Is there any economical way in Rev?

You can create a printing template stack that will do it, though it will
take some work. Put two fields on the template card, one for each of the
columns. Put your script text into both of the column fields, then use
the pageHeights function (for either field, they will be the same) to
find out how many pages it will take. Your actual printout will take
half as many pages, since you will move every other "page" to the second
column.

Once you know the pageheights, write a loop that sets the scroll of the
first field to the first line of the pageheights, and sets the scroll of
the second field to the second line of the pageheights. Print the card.
Then repeat, setting the first field's scroll to the third line of the
pageheights and the second field's scroll to the fourth line. Continue
doing that until all the text is printed.

There is more info on printing scrolling fields in the User Guide on
page 306: 9.8.3 Working with Scrolling Fields when Layout Printing.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com