[Data Grid] can't create a new data grid

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Sat Aug 1 13:58:10 EDT 2009

On Aug 1, 2009, at 12:27 PM, Andre.Bisseret wrote:

> Thanks for your prompt answer
>>
>> What are you naming the columns?
>>
> Nom / 09 / 08 / 07 / 06 (they are columns for years)
> I tried A 09 / A 08 without success

I tried Nom and 09 and an error occurred.

I then tried Nom and "A 09" and everything worked as expected.

The data grid does not like numbers for column names. When you use an
integer as a column name the data grid code doesn't get the group
named "09" but rather group 9. This is how the engine interprets the
data grid code. This causes all sorts of problems. I've filed a
request to have the inspector not allow integers as names in the future.

What you should do is use string names for the columns and then set
the label of the column to the integer value. That works without any
problems.

Regards,

--
Trevor DeVore