[Data Grid] can't create a new data grid

Andre.Bisseret Andre.Bisseret at inria.fr
Sat Aug 1 14:38:10 EDT 2009

Le 1 août 09 à 19:58, Trevor DeVore a écrit :

> On Aug 1, 2009, at 12:27 PM, Andre.Bisseret wrote:
>
>> Thanks for your prompt answer
>>>
>>> What are you naming the columns?
>>>
>> Nom / 09 / 08 / 07 / 06 (they are columns for years)
>> I tried A 09 / A 08 without success
>
> I tried Nom and 09 and an error occurred.
>
> I then tried Nom and "A 09" and everything worked as expected.
Yes your are right  (I suppose I had kept an integer inadvertently for
at least one column when I tried this pattern before)

> The data grid does not like numbers for column names. When you use
> an integer as a column name the data grid code doesn't get the group
> named "09" but rather group 9. This is how the engine interprets the
> data grid code. This causes all sorts of problems. I've filed a
> request to have the inspector not allow integers as names in the
> future.
>
> What you should do is use string names for the columns and then set
> the label of the column to the integer value. That works without any
> problems.

OK that solve my problem.  I have just set the names and label
according to your advice (name : neuf ; label 09 etc ;  and all is
working nicely, now :-))

Thanks a lot Trevor for your help (fast and precise as usual ;-)

Best regards from Grenoble

André