command setthedata in the data grid api

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Tue Apr 21 23:47:25 EDT 2009

On Apr 21, 2009, at 8:55 PM, Sadhu Nadesan wrote:

> A brief status report, my app which revolves around the data grid is
> coming along smashingly.  I have discovered an anomaly though which
> I don't have time to duplicate in a formal bug report this evening
> (maybe tomorrow, or maybe I will just work around it), but thought
> to pass it on to find out, maybe it is intentional?
>
> It seems that the SetDataOfIndex is adding an unrequested line
> ending.  For example, a line of code like this:
>
> dispatch "SetDataOfIndex" to group "data grid 1" of card "data grid
> card" \
>                     with whichIndex, "col 5",  dateOfLoss && "Prior
> Week Work Not Found"
> puts a CR in cell whichIndex, col 5,  after ..Not Found"  ... which
> then messes up line by line processing of the grid in subsequent
> steps.
>
> Is it supposed to do this?  Should I file a bug report?

Hi Sadhu,

I don't think that SetDataOfIndex is the culprit here. The relevant
code for SetDataOfIndex is as follows:

  if pKey is not empty then
     put pValue into sDataArray[pIndex][pKey]
  else
     put pValue into sDataArray[pIndex]
  end if

so the CR must be creeping in somewhere else. What else do you have
going on?

Regards,

--
Trevor DeVore