hilite 'sticking' in certain option menus and fields

Martin Blackman martinblackman at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 12:24:51 EDT 2009

Hi List,

In my stack I have an option menu button, on which the user can
right-click to popup a context menu.

As of version 3 and 3.5 of Rev on XP, when the popup menu appears, the
option menu gets hilited and remains so (ie the background goes dark
blue). This doesnt happen in version 2.9.  The hilite will only toggle
back to off if I do another popup operation.  Clicking somewhere to
remove focus doesn't do the trick.

I found that changing the 'HiliteFill' property of the option menu to
false prevents this happening, OR waiting for the mouse button to be
released before popping up the popup button also prevents it.

But this doesn't happen with all option menu buttons. My option menu
button is generated by script.  If I create a button in the IDE by
dragging from the tools pallet I don't get the same behaviour.

As a related issue I am having problems with some other option menu
buttons and fields created by script in a group . The fields get their
text selected when I tab into them and the hilite remains when you
click outside the group. I think this is caused by having the autotab
of the fields set to true - but why should that cause the fields to
hilite differently ? The menu buttons in the same group  also remains
hilited when I select a choice, which doesn't seem right.

Does anyone have any thoughts on whether these behaviours are correct ?

thanks
Martin