RapidWeaver

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Sun Apr 19 10:35:56 EDT 2009

> > I might suggest people interested in creating their own websites,
> > check out WordPress. Free, very easy to use and installs
> automatically
> > on your On-Rev server account
>

> It took a couple of minutes of research to figure out that to
> install WordPress on on-rev you would use Fantastico. In the
> Fantastico page it lists WordPress as being a blog, so is it
> up to be a complete site management? Might Drupal be a better choice?

I have used Joomla for many years now, and its really polished and there are
huge numbers of add-ons and extensions out there for it.

That being said, Ive also used Wordpress for several years and it's a lot
more than just a simple blogging tool. Add-ons and very polished templates
make it especially good if you have a single focus to your site - that could
be a blog, but it could also be a general news site, or even a "one product
only" site.

We used Joomla for the new Paradigma Software site
(http://www.valentina-db.com), but use Wordpress for our new developer's
blog.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks