Rev 3.5 Dictionary--User contributed notes!

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Wed Apr 15 19:51:13 EDT 2009

On Apr 15, 2009, at 5:07 PM, Mark Wieder wrote:

> Devin-
>
> Wednesday, April 15, 2009, 10:23:52 AM, you wrote:
>
>> account. The notes are mediated for quality by RunRev so it takes a
>> day or two for them to show up. They have also said they don't want
>
> ...and that's the downside. It's kind of like the Microsoft approach
> to the world: the theory is great but the implementation sucks. My
> notes have been rejected for some reason, and once you submit them you
> don't have a copy anymore, so you can't edit them for resubmission or
> really even have any idea what it was you submitted. I gave up in
> disgust. I'll be happy to read your notes, but I doubt I'll be wasting
> my time submitting any more.

Right, that's a frustration. If a note gets accepted you get an email
after a day or two stating that it's been accepted, but I don't think
you get anything back if it was not--that happened to me early on, and
I still don't know for sure why. And that is a communication issue
that needs to be fixed if RunRev want this feature to succeed.

We ought to try to work out the bumps before we dismiss it for its
flaws. It's a new service, and is bound to have some rough spots, but
I'm sure we can work with RunRev to iron them out. I'd hate to see a
promising new feature languish because we got frustrated early on.

Regards,

Devin

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University