help needed: Error 10038 on socket

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Fri Apr 3 07:20:40 EDT 2009

Hello, first of all I want to thank you all great list members who were so
patient and helpful with me questions and problems. On April 1st I released
my first real app with rev and without you I would have never managed it, no
way! Now it is in the market and as with all new products first problems and
bugs appear, though I had a 3month beta test phase of extensive tests.

My most urgent problem is "error 10038 on socket" when trying to execute:

put url http//user:pw at myserverandpath/foo.php into result

This php wants to connect to a mysql db. On most Win and Mac machines my
script runs without any problems, but now I get several customers with this
error and they cant start my app (because the result of this php is
mandatory). I tried to switch off the firewall and anti virus with one
privat customer and to route around a proxy server at a school installation.
But in booth cases the error remaind the same. Who refuses the connection to
my php? What does this socket problem tells me? Is there anything I can code
different?

Has anybody an idea what is happening here and where a starting point could
be for further researches?

Any help and hints highly appreciated

Tiemo