AW: AW: AW: slown down of IDE 2.9 under windows

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Wed Sep 10 08:37:07 EDT 2008

Hi Bernhard

> Does this problem only affect the Rev menu, or also any menus in your own
> stacks?

Only the Rev menu, the menu in my stack reacts expeditious

> I'm not sure about there being any particular problem with the size of
> stacks - I've worked with single stacks of a couple of hundred megabytes
> of
> data stored in customproperties.  If you have lots of cards with lots of
> controls/images on them, then maybe the size of the stack matters.  If I'm
> wrong about this, I hope some of the others who have far more knowledge
> than
> me will correct me.

Only two cards, 4MB

> If I was having the problems you describe I would not consider it to be
> something intrinsically wrong with Revolution, but rather look to my own
> code.  I think this a) because 2.9's been out for months now, so b) if
> this
> was a general problem one would expect many others to see it too c) your
> problem comes after some amount of activity with Rev open, d) you've tried
> re-install.

I didn't reinstalled it yet, will wait until 3.0
The problem is from the startup, even without having opened any stack, only
the IDE and a freshly rebooted PC

> Of course I could be wrong, as there are two of you saying you have the
> same
> problem.  But in my experience, one can waste hours/days looking for the
> cause in the wrong place. (I still have bruises on my ass from where I've
> kicked myself over the past 10 years for jumping to conclusions and
> blaming
> the wrong cause).

Yes I agree, just solved by coincidence a apparently windows problem, which
occurred over a year and exposed to be my anti virus scanner...