AW: AW: slown down of IDE 2.9 under windows

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 08:24:49 EDT 2008

Does this problem only affect the Rev menu, or also any menus in your own
stacks?
I'm not sure about there being any particular problem with the size of
stacks - I've worked with single stacks of a couple of hundred megabytes of
data stored in customproperties.  If you have lots of cards with lots of
controls/images on them, then maybe the size of the stack matters.  If I'm
wrong about this, I hope some of the others who have far more knowledge than
me will correct me.

If I was having the problems you describe I would not consider it to be
something intrinsically wrong with Revolution, but rather look to my own
code.  I think this a) because 2.9's been out for months now, so b) if this
was a general problem one would expect many others to see it too c) your
problem comes after some amount of activity with Rev open, d) you've tried a
re-install.

Of course I could be wrong, as there are two of you saying you have the same
problem.  But in my experience, one can waste hours/days looking for the
cause in the wrong place. (I still have bruises on my ass from where I've
kicked myself over the past 10 years for jumping to conclusions and blaming
the wrong cause).

Bernard