Can you realise a transparent hover color for buttons?

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Thu Sep 11 03:33:18 EDT 2008

Bonjour Tiemo,

If I understand your problem correctly*, I don't think you can
achieve your goal without building your own control.
How to create custom controls using PNG images tutorial might help you:
This stack shows how, using PNG images with transparency, you are
able to create any nice custom control.
Three examples are provided: a standard button, a progress bar and a
sprite effect.

You will access this tutorial through "Tutorials Picker" a free
plugin that interfaces with the So Smart Software website in order to
display all available tutorials stacks directly from the web.
You will find it by going to http://www.sosmartsoftware.com/
Revolution/Plugins or Tutorials section.

* I assume you don't want to 'blend level' the whole control (text
and button's borders).

Le 10 sept. 08 à 14:21, Tiemo Hollmann TB a écrit :

> I have some text buttons, where I would like to realise a hover effect
> (mouseover) with a (50%) opaque/transparent color of the button
> (like the
> menu items of MS Office products on Win). Up to now I can't see a
> solution
> for this. As standard properties I can only set icons for hover
> (which would
> only make sense with icon buttons, not with text buttons, no
> colors, nore
> transparent colors. If I would make my hover effect myself with
> mouseenter,
> I can't control the transparency of the button color, just solid
> colors.
>
> Am I right that these are the two options for making a hover effect
> (icons
> or solid colors), or is there a trick with a workaround to create a
> 50%
> opacity hover effect? Probably is a set of icons anyway the
> solution of
> choice.

Best regards from Paris,
Eric Chatonet.