Is RunRev marketed to developers mainly?

william humphrey shoreagent at gmail.com
Wed May 28 16:59:08 EDT 2008

I just wrote a fairly long rant about the USER space on RunRev (and the lack
of good example stacks for database use with RunRev) and it got me to
thinking. How do you think the market for RunRev is defined? Is it 95%
developers and 5% hobbyists? Does it have to be that way because anything
powerful enough for developers must have a dash of "difficulty of use"
or developers won't use it?
Or is the amateur hobbyist market so small that it should just be ignored?
If that is so it would explain lots of things about RunRev and Valentina.

Since my only experience in programming is with hypercard (and most
programmers say that isn't programming) and with web stuff like PHP
JAVAscript which has thousands of carefully indexed examples that you can
just snip and paste into your projects then I am really not the one to
answer this question.