PAYPAL [was] [ANN] The reason why I was so quiet recently.

jbv jbv.silences at club-internet.fr
Mon May 19 10:22:58 EDT 2008

Hi list,

> > As a buyer, I have used PayPal only twice but have not gotten an
> > undue number of spam emails.
>
> But if you suddenly got lots and could figure out what it was that you
> had done to deserve them, you might stop doing the action that caused
> the spam.

I don't think there's any relationship between using paypal and receiving spam.

I've been using paypal for years as buyer & seller and haven't got many emails
from them (nor phishing emails counterfeiting paypal emails), while I know at
least 2 ppl who don't have any paypal account and receive numerous (most of
them fake) emails from paypal...

Actually, I think that spammers send regulary fake ebay & paypal emails to
thousands of email adresses, on the assumption that so many ppl use ebay &
paypal these days that they'll catch a large number of ppl in their nets anyway...

JB